Reena loves a story, and she‘s fascinated by the people behind them. She loves to bring stories to life. Her appetite for storytelling has taken her from the Jerry Springer Show to the legal drama of the courtroom. From influential players to reality stars, nothing is censored here. Reena interviews people whose stories haven‘t been told, at least not through her unique lens, and then gets daddy‘s advice afterward like a good daughter does. Whether you have daddy issues or a father who‘s inspired your path, you will be able to tap into my daddy‘s wisdom, wit, and humor at the end of every episode. My daddy has been a guiding light my whole life and there‘s not much he doesn‘t know, as an entrepreneur for forty-plus years, a husband, a loyal son, and my number one supporter. He has learned lots of life lessons along the way and is here to share them with you. It‘s time to reminisce and reflect on the conversations you‘d like to have with your daddy and learn from mine. Come share in some good old-fashioned family bonding and help us up our wisdom rating. There is wisdom from four generations and I’m addressing what happens from childhood to adulthood!
Monday Jul 17, 2023
Monday Jul 17, 2023
On this episode of Better Call Daddy, we dive into the evolution of entertainment and media. From comic books to streaming platforms, we explore how market forces have shaped the way we consume content. With the rise of video on demand and audio on demand, viewers now have unlimited options for watching shows or reading comic books at their convenience.
This abundance of content has led to a saturation of offerings, with independent creators forming their own brands. We discuss the challenges of keeping up with the ever-expanding world of characters and iterations, such as Spiderman.
Our guest emphasizes the importance of passion in podcasting and other forms of media, highlighting the rarity of podcasts with over 100 episodes. As the podcasting industry becomes more niche, we uncover the secrets to success, including telling a compelling story and having dedicated listeners. Influencers and the desire for attention in media are also explored, along with a heartwarming anecdote about a passionate fan's encounter with a member of the Wu-Tang Clan.
Additionally, we emphasize the importance of community involvement and staying connected with current events. Our guest shares personal experiences, including their son's upcoming senior year and the expectations of finding a job and being responsible. A trip down memory lane transports us to a childhood moment involving a treasured China Hutch, unexpected guests, and a frightful encounter with Margaret Hamilton, the famous actress known for playing the Wicked Witch of the West.
We also delve into the complexities of fatherhood, as our guest shares their unique relationship with their son and the unconditional love they strive to provide. The influence of grandparents, small-town traditions, and the power of mentorship are acknowledged, highlighting the importance of individuality and effort in achieving success.
We discuss the role of luck, the value of preserving memories, and the joy of cherishing loved ones, particularly in light of the pandemic. The speaker's personal journey takes us through experiences of loss, resilience, and community engagement, culminating in a powerful radiothon that raised millions of dollars for a local children's hospital. We learn about the speaker's sister's battle with Burkitt's Lymphoma and the lasting impact it had on their life's purpose.
The podcast concludes with an inspiring message about karma and the power of putting good into the world. This episode of Better Call Daddy is filled with heartfelt moments, profound reflections, and thought-provoking insights that will leave you inspired and eager to make a difference in your own community.
Sean Dillon loves to hear the word yes. Who doesn't? His grandparents were special people, who lived through the great depression and had amazing stories from their time in the Army Air Corps and as a Speech & Hearing Pathologist. Their stories are lost to time because they were never recorded or saved.
That’s on him. Beyond the Mic Podcast was created because our world is a rich tapestry and everyone has a story.
His boss once had someone pushing an interview with an American Idol contestant. He didn’t want to do the interview. He poked his head in his office and said, “I got it.” That star told him the four to five minutes of boilerplate interview stuff, but in the last 3 questions, the guest opened up in a new way.
From one conversation five years ago now over 400 where there is always one piece of gold left in the pan at the end of their time together. Sean wants to help people record their favorite stories so they are saved forever.
Before he begins he asks you to keep in your head one question. “Will you share with us your story?”
While still playing on the air he had great interview opportunities that never made it to air. Some were due to length, others were because of the topic. It was time to flip the table on the rules. Any topic/guest is welcome, but you must tell a story & go 'Beyond the Mic.' It's a conversation series with the best actors, artists, authors, and people you need to know. Every guest is shared with authenticity, honesty, and originality giving you content you need to share with others.
Sean A Dillon isn't his real name, but he is the storyteller who wants to tell your story. He was born on the Island, moved around the country because of his parents, and currently lives in Lubbock Texas. and will always see you down the road.
Topics covered in this audio session:
- The evolution and saturation of the entertainment industry- Market forces shaping the medium of entertainment- Increased availability of content and independent creators- The impact of platforms like Netflix and cable channels- Difficulty in keeping track of characters like Spiderman
- The importance of passion and storytelling in media- Less than 1% of podcasts have over 100 episodes- Changing podcasting industry and niche audiences- The influence of influencers and desire for attention
- Personal anecdotes and community-related topics- A fan's passion for an interview with a member of the Wu-Tang Clan- The speaker's favorite thing: discussing community-related topics- Examples of current community events such as the Big Twelve baseball championships and graduation- The importance of caring about the community and sharing personal experiences
- Personal experiences and values- The speaker's expectations for their son's senior year and being a responsible member of society- A childhood memory involving a China Hutch and a visit from Margaret Hamilton- The speaker's approach to parenting and showing unconditional love- The speaker's relationship with their grandparents and the lessons learned from them
- Interviewee's perspective on individuality and success- Encouragement and guidance in finding one's own path- The importance of effort, learning from mistakes, and standing up for oneself- The role of mentors and finding passion and talent- Luck and hard work in achieving success
- Family connections and cherishing loved ones- Daily communication with the speaker's parents and cherishing them due to the pandemic- Regret for not recording stories from grandparents- A lighthearted conflict surrounding the speaker's father wanting an air gun- The speaker's sister's death and the impact on the speaker's perspective- The speaker's involvement in a radiothon for a children's hospital and raising funds for the local community
- Beliefs in karma and good deeds- Leading by example and not asking others to do what the speaker wouldn't do- The positive impact of the radiothon and helping families in need- Belief in putting good out into the world and the power of karma
Connect with Sean
Episode mentioned in episode
Connect with Reena
Me and my dad would love to hear from you, drop us a review, reviews help more people find the show, and let us know what you like and what you'd like us to change, please share the show with one friend who you think would be helped by the show ratethispodcast.com/bettercalldaddy
Are you a popular podcaster or a rising influencer? Or do you have a great idea for an online business? Then you should know that every great website starts with an awesome domain name. Namecheap offers hundreds of domain extensions, from the traditional dot com to creative extensions for podcasters like dot fm, dot live, or dot space. Namecheap is the world’s 2nd largest domain registrar, with nearly 17 million domains under management and a top web service provider for everything you need to launch an amazing website. Namecheap offers hundreds of domain extensions from the traditional .com to creative extensions like .fm, .live or .space Namecheap is offering Better Call Daddy listeners 20% off any non-premium domain name for its first year of registration with the code REENA20. The offer cannot be combined with any existing sales but can override any current sale if its discount is less than 20%. The code is valid for all new and existing Namecheap customers. You can register up to 10 domains per account with this code. To get a domain name with a 20% discount (including .com and 455 other extensions). Go to namecheap.com , search for your desired domain, and use the code REENA20 at checkout.
Castmagic is the ai tool I use for show notes and podcast title ideas, it has helped save me tons of time. I talked about it in this episode. Please use my affiliate link if you sign up.